The easiest vegan pancakes you can find the recipe for and... NO banana in sight! Many vegan pancakes will call for the addition of banana to the batter, instead of an egg, for those binding and "fluffing" qualities of the fruit, but all that is easily achievable without eggs or bananas! So for whatever the reason you don't eat bananas, this might be the recipe just for you.
You can make those pancakes in no time at all, you can also add fruit into the batter, but be careful that they're not too watery, as it will affect the end result. I usually place a spoonful of batter mix onto a medium hot pan, and before it starts setting, I simply scatter some fresh fruit on top (blueberries, strawberry pieces, raspberries, currants, chopped apple - sometimes even some chocolate chip drops...) and proceed with frying as per instructions.
How to make it...
- 1 cup plant milk (my favorite here are almond or cashew)
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp muscavado/caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a medium jug whisk together milk, oil, vinegar and sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour wet to dry and mix everything with a big spoon, until there's no lumps, but don't over mix the batter!
- Place non-stick pan on medium heat, oil a bit, wait for it to heat up.
- Place table spoonful of batter on medium hot pan and fry until small bubbles start forming on top, at that stage flip the pancakes on the other side and fry until golden.
- Serve immediately with your favourite toppings.
✅ Any leftover pancakes will keep well in the fridge, in an airtight container. To reheat you can either microwave them for up to 1 minute or even toast.
You may also like:
Have you made any of my recipes? Tag @anulaskitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #anulaskitchen