In October 2008, Anula's Kitchen was born and became a blog. It started out as a way to preserve all the cherished family recipes, and any new ones that had been developed over time. One person, Anula, is responsible for both the blog and all of the recipes. The text and images were produced as a result of one girl's passion for food.
All of the recipes are vegan/plant-based, which means they are free of all types of meat (including fish), eggs, dairy, and even honey. This represents both my daily dietary choices and my "life philosophy" - that everyone deserves to live and that all lives are valuable!
So, who is Anula?
Why plant based?
In the middle of 2018, I began researching the vegan/plant-based food scene, as well as the philosophy and reasons behind it. I discovered that it is closer to my heart and the way I see the world than anything else.
As a result of some health issues at the time, I decided to go completely meat-free on January 1st, 2019. I've simply stopped eating meat since that day. Even before that, I was eliminating dairy from my diet, and eggs were also off the table for a while. It was an easy "transition" for me because everything came very naturally and without much difficulty. OS As of January 1st, 2019, this girl is only eating plant-based foods.
You may argue that having experience as a chef is advantageous, but I firmly believe that if someone has the desire, the necessary "know how" will come naturally. I want to demonstrate to everyone that eating plant-based meals can be simple, affordable, and most importantly, DELICIOUS!
Cooking and eating in general shouldn't be a chore, even though there may be dishes that are more complex or you might want to splash out on an ingredient. It should be a joy to eat, but also to cook.
Anna aka "Anula"
Some parts of my professional work:
- former sous chef and pastry chef/baker
- recipe tester for cookbook authors and cooking portals/magazines
- contributor at TheKitchn
- former copywriter for YesChef magazine
- former member of the Taste Kerry committee (PR possition)
- member of the organizing committee of the Flavour of Killorglin food festival
- write cookbook reviews,
- food articles, recipes (published in Easy Food)
- guest lecturer at IT Tralee, in The Hotel, Culinary and Tourism department
- "ghost writer" for chefs, restaurants, food producers etc.
- cooperation with food producers (reviews, recipe development, brand ambassador etc.)
* Level 4 Diploma in Personal Nutrition
* Advertising Copywriter Diploma & Proofreading and Copyediting Diploma
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are honest and purely my own.