This cake is probably one of the easiest ones you can ever make! The recipe comes from "Veganomicon" by Isa chandra - a true bible for those leading a vegan/plant based lifestyle and I am no exception! I absolutely love that cookbook and it's one, that I probably reach most for when looking for an inspiration, or for one of my (many) favourite recipes.
There's something quite majestic about a bundt cake - it's shape, like a crown, sitting proudly on top of a table. Who can resist?! If you like coconut and lemon flavours, this is a cake for you. It's a very fresh and quite summery type of cake, but that doesn't mean, that one can't enjoy it in the middle of winter too!
How to make it...
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 (14-oz) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup plant milk (coconut milk would work perfect here!)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Lightly grease a 10″ bundt cake pan (the cake rises quite significantly).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, oil, coconut milk, plant milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the wet ingredients in batches, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir to combine, then stir in the desiccated coconut at the end.
- Pour batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted through the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes, then place wire cooling rack over the cake pan, gently flip over and release the cake from the pan. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, sift a sprinkling of the confectioners’ sugar over the tip. Slice, serve and enjoy!
You may also like:
Have you made any of my recipes? Tag @anulaskitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #anulaskitchen