How to make it...
- 80 g softened butter
- 280 g caster sugar (I used only 200 g, and that was plenty)
- 240 g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 240 ml whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 200 g apples (peeled and cut in small pieces)
- some brown sugar to sprinkle on top
Beat together the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon on low speed until the consistency of fine bread crumbs. Whisk eggs and milk and pour 3/4 of the mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix on low speed first, pour in the remaining milk mixture and mix on medium speed until the batter is smooth. Stir apples into the batter. Fill paper cases by about two-thirds, sprinkle with some brown sugar on top and bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes at 190 C.
You may also like:
Apple & pear cinnamon muffins