I often make cupcakes/muffins at home, they're my mini, personal cakes. Quick and easy to make with my 2 little sous chefs, they fit perfectly into my lunch box and those tiny hands too. It's quite tricky to bake with blackberries, as they contain quite a lot of liquid, but it's a rewarding fruit when it comes to taste and texture. Vanilla goes well with all kind of fruits, but I think it's particularly nice with the sharper ones, like blackberries.
How to make it...
Ingredients:- 110 g vegan butter or margarine, softened at room temperature (like Flora)
- 110 g caster sugar- 2 aquafaba eggs, lightly beaten (6 tablespoon aquafaba)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 110 g self-raising flour
- 1-2 tablespoons oat or soy milk
- 1 cup of blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a little milk until the mixture is of a dropping consistency.
- Gently fold in the blackberries - they will change the colour of your batter for light violet, so don't worry.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
You may also like:
Have you made any of my recipes? Tag @anulaskitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #anulaskitchen