OK I know that with this one I was a little lazy... but you have to forgive pregnant woman ;) I had last one sheet of puff pastry in the freezer and no idea what to do for dinner today. But after some thinking I decided to make pizza using puff pastry. If you never tried it yet - do it! It amazingly light and fluffy. Taste as good as (or even better...) than normal, traditional dough pizza but you don't feel so stuffed after it. I think it will be also great alternative to normal pizza for kids...? Huh? Anyway - use your imagination with the ingredients, buy (or if you dare do your own) puff pastry and enjoy!
How to make it...
- 1 sheet ready made puff pastry
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 5 mushrooms, diced and fried on a little bit of butter
- 1 chicken breast, cut into stripes, seasoned and fried
- few olives (I like and use only the black ones)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree (seasoned with salt, pepper, basil and oil of olives)
- cheese (I think mozzarella would be the best but I didn't have it and used Gouda)
Preheat your oven to 220 C. Lay out your puff pastry on a baking tray (previously greased with a bit of oil of olives). Spread your seasoned tomato puree leaving a bit of space on the edges of the pastry. Spread evenly the rest of the ingredients, ending with the cheese at the very top. Bake your puff pizza for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with some salad on the side - or alone if you like it.